Tuesday, March 20, 2012

OK FINE I'LL UPDATE MY BLOG

Quit bugging me already. Just kidding. You 5 or so people who read this never bug me. You're great!!

It's March. Or baby making season as it's known around these parts. Not this year friends. It might be the time of year, or the fact that Eli is at the age that Lucas was when we started thinking about another baby, but I just can't get Baby #3 off my mind. The problem is that I always thought I wanted three kids. Now I'm not so sure. I look at my boys and think "Is this it? Are we finished?". I think I would be just fine and so happy with the family I have right now. But would I always wonder?? There are so many factors.

CONS: I'm not excited about the prospect of being pregnant again. I don't want to put my body through another baby. I'm not sure we can even afford another baby. Do people work full time with 3 kids these days? Daycare would be outrageously expensive. Not to mention all of the other things that are down the road with activities and sports and school, etc, etc. I think my lifestyle would have to change. It's no secret I like to buy stuff. Putting that out there sounds selfish, but it's reality. Terry already has me on what I think is a tight budget - I don't want to make it tighter!

I would have to grow another arm for a third tattoo.

Plus I'm freaking tired. There was a stretch there where I could not make it through supper and putting the kids to bed without falling asleep somewhere in between.

Biggest CON - WHAT IF THERE WAS MULTIPLE BABIES THIS TIME?!?! GAHHHHH!!!

PROS: With my change in employer, there would not be the financial hardship of going through another mat leave this time. I would never wonder if I should have had another baby - our family would be for sure 100% complete. There are too many intangible PROS to list. Like savoring my last tiny newborn baby and knowing that it will be my last. Giving Lucas and Eli another little sibling. Having a house full of (let's face it......) all little boys and having my hands full in the most wonderful way.

The good news is there is no rush. I'm not looking for answers today, or any time soon. I am taking a breather to enjoy the family I have right now.

2 comments:

  1. My second baby is much younger than yours but already I have had some of these thoughts. We've always thought 3 was our magic number but then I think about the sleepless nights and how tough the first year is and I wonder if I will want to do it again when the time comes. Like you I am enjoying my family of four and trusting the the decision will become clear as time goes on. Good luck to you! I enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought one was my magic number. Then she was so cute we wanted another one. Then he came along and I was like ooooh, one more? Luckily for me, I had a husband that was dead set against #3, so it wasn't even an option and I had to get over it. I say luckily because if he'd been on the fence too, I never could've made up my mind!

    They say you'll never regret having another one but you might always wonder what if if you don't have one. And I have to say, I really got to relish the baby phase of my son b/c I figured he'd be the last.

    ReplyDelete