Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goodbye 20's!

Falling asleep on the couch the minute after I put Eli to bed has become a Friday night ritual. I think it is a side effect of a long week. In this case, it has been a long couple of weeks with no reprieve on the weekends. As soon as the thought crossed my mind that things might been slowing down around here (finally!) they seem to pick right back up again. God help us when Terry returns to work and we are both working full time. Probably best if I just don't think about it.

For my 30th birthday two weeks ago, my awesome friends whisked me away for a girls night out at the cabin. I am so fortunate to have such an amazing group of friends who would organize a weekend away for me. Even though I was hesitant about a night away from the boys, it was a perfect way to say goodbye to my 20's. 30 is not the new 20. We were all asleep by midnight. My birthday celebrations lasted all weekend and by the time my actual birthday rolled around on Monday I was all birthday'd out! Thank you thank you thank you to all of my friends and family for an amazing 30th.

Playground update: Last week I brought my completed petition to the community association meeting, and spoke about why there is a need for a preschool play structure in our park. I was prepared and organized, thanks in part to my advisor Terry, and the information I presented was well received by the community association and president. The community association is drafting me a letter of support, which I will include in my report to city council. I hope to present my report along with my petition in early November. I have also been in touch with the community consultant from the city, who has been extremely helpful in answering my questions and keeping me informed of the park review process. The review process will take some time, but hopefully we can work together this winter and if all goes well, maybe we will have a playground in the spring!!

3 comments:

  1. Go Amber! So happy you rang in your 30th in such a great way. 30 rocks....welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber--was in your Pharmacy class (Erin F)--just saw your petition and we live right near you on Bennion Cresc and were super excited too when there was a park going in, but once we saw what it was we had to avoid it on our walks so that Zoe didn't get all excited for something she couldn't play on!!! Let me know if you need any help with anything--I'd LOVE a real park too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Erin!!! I think there is a plan in the works for a new and better suited play structure. But I will definitely let you know if I need any more help, thanks for the offer. Fingers crossed for a better park by the spring!

    ReplyDelete